Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year - 2009 - Time to get started

Happy New Year and thanks for passing through. I imagine most of you have made some sort of resolution this year, as have I. In these tough economic times, everyone is trying to make the most of what they have and keep more of what they earn. If you are like me, you probably have a few bills that you'd like to eliminate altogether. Well, I'm on a mission. I heard a gentlemen speak recently about becoming debt free and I've decided to follow his advice. I'm tired of living from paycheck to paycheck and giving those credit card companies my money. So, in an effort to try and get "ahead" of my bills, I joined SFI (check out the link to the right) to earn some extra cash to help eliminate these debts. Feel free to take a look and check out what they offer. It's free to join and will only take a few minutes of your time.

In an effort to try and follow some sort of debt elimination program, I found this really neat excel spreadsheet that will assist you with your goals. Like most people who have too much debt and feel they will never get out of it, this easy spreadsheet with provide you with numerous options to show you how to pay down your debt. I particularly like the Snowball effect - like most people, I'm looking for the instant gratification of getting rid of a bill - the snowball method will show you how to get it.

You can check it out here - http://www.vertex42.com/Calculators/debt-reduction-calculator.html

Wishing everyone a safe, happy, healthy and prosperous New Year - let's all become debt free in 09.

No comments:

Post a Comment